(June – September)
It’s a unique opportunity to swim alongside the world’s greatest fish! You can see the size and beauty of these fish and even practically touch them. Whale sharks appear in Cancun area around June and delight us until September when they move on to other horizons.
During the tour, you can snorkel alongside the whale sharks in their natural environment and also spend some time enjoying the turquoise waters of Isla Mujeres' northern beach.
The tour includes pick-up and drop-off from your hotel. During the trip, the group will be accompanied by the tour guide. All the boats fit a maximum of 10 tourists. All the equipment, including life vests, is included onboard. The use of a life vest is obligatory. Usually, the boat trip takes 1-1.5 hrs to arrive at the protected sea area. During the snorkeling activity tourists are accompanied by a mariner who will help them to navigate towards whale sharks. Depending on the weather conditions, 2 jumps into the water are available. In some rare cases, jumps may be canceled at the discretion of the captain. After snorkeling, the boat will head to Isla Mujeres, Playa Norte. It will remain there anchored a short distance from the coast, allowing time to swim, while the boat team will be preparing snacks. After this activity, the boat will return back to the port where the bus will be waiting for the tourists.
What is included?
- Transportation and qualified guide
- Bottled water in the van and on the boat
- Soda soft drinks on the boat
- Snacks on the boat: seviche, sandwich, fruits
- Snorkeling equipment
- Lifejackets (obligatory on the boat during the ride and snorkel)
- All entrance fees and taxes
Recommended to bring:
- Swimsuit and towel, a shirt with long sleeves (there is a shade on the boat, but sun and wind can be strong)
- Set of dry clothes
- Biodegradable sunscreen (regular is not allowed)
- Personal snorkeling equipment, underwater camera
- Some cash for tips and souvenirs
- Cures for seasickness
- Smile and good mood
- This activity is not suitable for children under 5 years old and pregnant women
- It is forbidden to participate in this tour under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or other substances
- It is recommended to leave valuables at your hotel (there is a place on the boat to store things, but sometimes water splashes in that direction)
- It is forbidden to use UAV (drones), smoke cigarettes or use other types of smoking gadgets, drink alcohol at the protected area
Cancellations & changes:
- Cancellations and changes made 48 hours before the start of the tour have no penalties
- Payment for a tour that was canceled due to weather conditions is 100% refundable
- Given that whale shark encounters occur in the wild, we cannot guarantee 100% availability of animals. However, the experience allows us to offer repeated check-out attempts on any available day with an additional payment of 39 USD, or a refund of 54 USD in case the animal was not found.
- In case of weather conditions that do not allow snorkeling for safety reasons or the number of sharks is not enough for snorkeling (according to the directives of the Ministry of the Environment) and the captain decided to cancel the jumps, but an observation from the boat was available, such a tour is considered to be complete.